Every businessman wants his business to grow and prosper. But in order to succeed and grow, you need to promote your business and build a loyal clientele. This can be done through advertising and marketing. Advertising can be done through traditional marketing or modern methods, i.e. digital marketing.
What is Traditional Marketing? The term "traditional marketing" itself is a broad term that includes various forms of advertising and marketing. Traditional marketing is very important to the development of any business, not to promote new digital marketing technologies. Basically, traditional marketing falls into four categories:
1. Print advertising. This includes the placement of advertisements in magazines, newspapers, brochures and other printed materials.
2. Direct mail. Direct mail techniques include flyers, letters, brochures, postcards, catalogs, and other materials that are printed and mailed directly to customers and target consumers.
3. Television and radio. This includes advertisements shown on television and radio, as well as other advertising methods such as on-screen advertising in movie theaters.
4. Telemarketing. It is about involving people who make cold calls to target consumers on the phone to create a connection.
Benefits of Traditional Marketing
1. Reach a local audience. Using traditional marketing can make it easier for you to reach your local audience. Radio is by far the best option and the fastest way to advertise your business and get your message across.
2. Reuse of printed materials. Flyers, posters, brochures, etc. can be reused and re-read anytime, anywhere, no matter where you are, without the need for an internet connection. These advertising media can also be saved for future use.
3. The usual advertising method. Traditional marketing is a common advertising method for many people, as they do not need an explanation of the advertising materials. They will accept the flyer or brochure they have circulated and read it whenever they have time.
4. Easier understanding of printed materials. Printed materials are always easy to process mentally and remember in the future.
5. Attracting a new audience. Traditional marketing will allow you to reach large numbers of people across many demographics. You can use billboards, television and radio to advertise. Disadvantages of Traditional Marketing While traditional marketing has enjoyed success in the past, traditional marketing also has some disadvantages due to the increasing use of the internet in recent years. With the massive use of the internet, smartphones, tablets, and social media, small entrepreneurs can also advertise their products through websites, social media, podcasts, and more.
It's cheaper compared to traditional marketing.
1. Lack of time to update the message. In traditional marketing, you won't have time to respond to the changes you want to make to your ad, compared to digital marketing. In traditional advertising, you need to prepare your ad in advance, even if you want to publish it in the daily newspaper. Although, using the Internet, small businessmen can easily change their ads in a few minutes.
2. Cost. To advertise in newspapers or distribute leaflets or brochures, you have to pay for them every time you plan to campaign. But in digital marketing, you don't need any additional costs for any site changes. This can easily be done by the team that sells your product.
3. Lack of personalization. In traditional marketing, you cannot target a specific customer.
4. Providing a small amount of information. In traditional marketing, it is difficult to imagine complex pricing and offerings for a product. There isn't enough room in print media to display all the different pricing options and other offers that customers might like. In the case of digital marketing, you can offer your customers a variety of options.